Monday, May 6, 2013

Punching out a great new tip!

Hello everyone, it's Arin here and do I have a treat of a tip for you today! I love discovering a new technique while crafting and it ends up being very easy with not a lot fuss to it, yet becomes the show stopper of the project.

Arin Flynn
A Piece of Life's Pie

I recently purchased metal punch sets and decided to see if I could get the same effect as punching metal using them on my Globecraft and Piccolo bookboard that were embossed with Piccolo Embossing Powder.

Boy, did the end result more than meet my expectations. All I did was emboss the the Globecraft and Piccolo bookboard tag by layering Piccolo Vintage Copper and Turquoise Lagoon Embossing Powder. Once set with heat and cooled, I used my 1/8 inch capital letter metal punches and punched "pony love" to the surface of the tag using a the hammer that came with punch set.


I was just amazed by how much this turned out looking like it was metal that was punched and how well Globecraft and Piccolo bookboard and embossing powder responded to this technique. I've always loved how Piccolo Embossing Powder can make things look and feel like it's real metal and this just brought it to a whole new level.

3 comments:

Candy Spiegel said...

This is very, very cool!!

Arin said...

thanks Candy! I still can't get over how much this looks like metal!

linda said...

I love the way the two powders were mingled together. This is really a great way to create the metal look.