Thursday, May 2, 2013

Coffee and card-making


I settled in on a warm Spring evening with a good cup of coffee and some Piccolo Embossing Powder to create some cards to have on hand for special occasions. 

My first try was using one of my favorite Wendy Vecchi stamps: Well Worn Art. There's a weed stamp in this set that I find myself using over and over in a variety of ways. This time I inked the stamp with my Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive and stamped the image on a piece of heavy-weight white cardstock. Then I sprinkled over the area with our new Platinum Embossing Powder and gently tapped the excess off.


There's a mix of sizes of powder in the jar and so I got this amazing vintage-style image when I set it with the heat tool. 

The entire background is over-stamped with another Wendy Vecchi stamp from Live and Make Art. It's a large script background stamp using Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee. It is then inked with Distress Inks - Broken China, Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold. Cool eh?


I spritzed it with Blue Smoke Perfect Pearls Mists and heat set.


Then I went around the edges with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks to define the edges.


The sentiment is also from Well Worn Art (Wendy Vecchi) and is stamped on white cardstock with Archival Coffee Ink and heat set. Then I punched it out with an scallop oval Marvy punch and inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


It's all assembled (mounted on a dark green cardstock) then onto a basic white card. The sentiment is raised with dimensional foam tape and gems were added to a couple of the weed heads to complete the look.


So, grab a cup of coffee of your own and visit my blog for a look at a previous post that shows off additional cards using Globecraft products.

1 comment:

rudlis said...

Beautiful work!