Friday, May 24, 2013

A Mother's Day doily



Hi there, it's Steph again.

Do you remember the tips I showed for creating fun doilies? Well today, I wanted to show you what I actually did with one of those doilies.


Steph Ackerman
Live, Laugh, Scrap


Supplies:


As I needed Mother's Day cards,  I thought the doilies would work well for a backdrop on the card. I chose to create with the Poodle Skirt embossed doily. When you emboss the doily with these wonderful embossing powders, the doily becomes firm and fun to create with. Just be gentle when adding the Embossing Powder so the doily doesn't tear.

I stamped my image on white cardstock and used Pink Rose 3D Enamel Gel on the flowers - just a little dot on the flower centers was all that I needed. When it dried I had this nice 3D effect.


I mounted my image on the Poodle Skirt embossed doily.


I then created my card by using this piece as the focal point and adding a stamped sentiment in the corner.


Look at the shine on that doily from using Poodle Skirt Embossing Powder!



Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to stop by my blog to see what else I've been creating.

1 comment:

Arin said...

this is soo cool Steph!