Sunday, January 19, 2014

Butterflies and Bubbles


Sandy here with you today.  When I started my Globecraft Piccolo project, I had in mind that I would make a 5 x 7 inch card.  But I liked the look of it so much, I decided to add it to a frame for display in my house.  I began my creation with the new A2 Bubble Background Piccolo, embossing it with Aged White Enamel.  The corner vine pieces are from a discontinued set but I spoke to the owner, Stacey, and she said we will be seeing them again in several sizes.  I embossed them with Shamrock Dreams Enamel


Next came the Large Butterfly;  using a paint brush, I applied Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid so I could add Bahama Aqua Enamel to the top wings and Royal Sterling Enamel to the bottom wings.  I used Vintage Black Enamel for the body.    For the small butterflies from the Butterfly Charm Set, I first trimmed off the hangers with scissors and then embossed them with Vintage Copper Enamel.   Be sure to click on the pic above for a larger view of the beauty of these embossing powders.


Lastly, I added some Mars Black 3D Enamel Gel to the bodies of the small butterflies and as "eye spots" on the wings of the large butterfly.  The bookboard is flexible enough that I could mold the wings up a bit for some added dimension. Be sure to stop by each day for more inspiration from the Globecraft Piccolo Design team. 

3 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

WOW this is awesome. I love the butterflies on the bubble background and the close up on the enamels really shows you how beautiful those colors are. Gorgeous!!

Angela said...

Lovely, Sandy! The Bubble Background looks great in the frame with the accents!

Unknown said...

I love art you can hang on the wall - good call to change this from a card to wall hanging!The two toned butterfly is amazing!