- Leave a comment on daily posts Sunday, February 2nd through Saturday, February 8th
- You must be a Follower of the Globecraft Piccolo blog
- You must like us on Facebook (click on the Facebook tab at the top of the blog)
- Only 1 comment per day per person
- If you refer a friend and your name is mentioned in their comment, you will get a second entry to the drawing for that day
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org and announced on Sunday February 9th
- You can win on multiple days so be sure to visit each day
With Valentine's Day just around the corner my crafty thoughts have been about hearts, flowers and lace. I tend to understate the feminine for this holiday, so I decided it was time to treat myself to a girly tag!
Start with a prepared tag base (gesso, spritzed, etc.) and then add a doily, patterned papers, etc. until you like the layers. Use the Enamel Powder Adhesive and randomly dab the tag, then sprinkle on some Aged White Enamel Powder. Gently turn the tag over to release most of the powder. Sprinkle more enamel powder, if necessary to achieve the look you want. Carefully heat from underneath until the powder melts.
Emboss the heart (A1114) with the Aged White Enamel. Next adhere a label holder using brads and adhere the heart inside of the holder to a popped up circle of cardstock using Glastique Gloss Finishing Glaze.
I used the Glastique to adhere the Medium Flourishes Accents (A139) and then using the Fine Line Applicator Tip I covered the flourishes with a thin layer to deepen their natural color and give them a bit of shine. Be sure to let this dry before moving on to the next step.
The finishing touch to this tag are the gold accents! Using an old brush paint the edges of the tag and the label holder using the Satin Gold 3D Enamel Gel. The Distress Ink will soften and the tag will look aged and gilded. Gorgeous!
Add some fiber and tulle to the top.
Do you love Globecraft & Piccolo products, too? We would love to see YOUR projects. Like us on Facebook and share your pictures with us!